(I am not one of them)
Solos that make me weep is more like it! But seriously, I love a good guitar riff and a long jam that has a ripple effect on my brain thereby causing me to bust out into “air guitar” mode!!!
These are the fab FIVE:
1) David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) the example song is DOGS (it’s stellar)
2) Adam Jones (Tool) the example song is “Schism” (holy crap is that a jam)
3) J. Mascis (Dinosaur Jr) a prime example is anything from the album, “You’re Living All Over Me.” In such short songs he squeezes these unbelievable solos. He packs a punch!!!
4) Lou Reed (of Velvet Underground) R.I.P. This man destroys this improvised song called “Sister Ray!” Damn he has endurance!!!
5) Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin) on “Dazed and Confused” played live in New York for the film THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME…he busts out a violin bow string and seems to never stop playing! (See clip below)
Amen to the great guitar Gods!!!!